The existing Womack House, listed in National Register of Historic Places on May 28, 1999, is a nice frame example of a Craftsman bungalow which apparently replaced a shotgun house, a house whose architecture is characterized by several rooms joined in a straight line from the front to the back: “Shotguns are so named because a shotgun fired through the front door of these long, narrow homes could pass straight through the house and out the back door without hitting any barriers”, that previously stood at the same address. A low-pitched, gabled roof with exposed rafter ends, porch gable with decorative knee braces and “battered” porch columns are among the typical Craftsman characteristics found in the design of the house. The Womack House appears to have undergone almost no alteration since its construction. The family of Dr. A.A. Womack lived at 1867 Ringo Street from 1911, when a shotgun house was located at that address, until 1956, when Mrs. Womack sold the existing circa 1922 bungalow to its current owners. As a professional, Dr. Womack was well respected in Little Rock’s black community, and he was financially able to build a nicely detailed Craftsman bungalow as his family residence. The Womack House is significant as a nearly unaltered, well-detailed Craftsman bungalow that was built for a prominent African-American resident of the Dunbar neighborhood.