Situated in Hot Springs, Arkansas, the famed Bathhouse Row has a greatest collection of historic bathhouses that offers a glimpse of early 20th-century social practices and wellness therapies. It was here where people flocked in the early 20th century for therapeutic hot springs baths. With beautiful architectural features, these facilities were once among the most luxurious in the world. Housed in Hot Springs National Park, Bathhouse Row is on Central Avenue with the mountains of the park flanking the street. Named as a National Historic Landmark, the row consists of eight bathhouses built between 1911 and 1923. Each bathhouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located on the famed Bathhouse Row, the Fordyce Bathhouse-built in 1915 by Colonel Samuel W. Fordyce-is an example of Spanish Renaissance Revival style. It now serves as the Park’s visitor center. The Buckstaff is the only remaining operational bath house that offers traditional thermal baths and Swedish style massages. The remaining six buildings (Superior, Hale, Quapaw, Ozark, Lamar and Maurice) are vacant and deteriorated. Just behind the Bathhouse Row is Grand Promenade, a concrete walkway which offers a glimpse of the protected springs and historic landscape features.