The childhood home of Woodrow Wilson, the 28th President of the United States, is located in Augusta, Georgia. The house is preserved and maintained to inform and educate the public about how Woodrow Wilson`s childhood in Augusta influenced his maturation into a college president and eventually the nation`s chief executive. The house was built in 1859 as a speculative investment. It was acquired in 1860 by the First Presbyterian Church to be used as a manse. Woodrow`s father, the Reverend Dr. Joseph Ruggles Wilson, served as minister of the First Presbyterian Church from 1858 to 1870. Woodrow lived there between the ages of three and 13. The floor is covered with an oil cloth like those advertised in the newspapers of the 1860s, and it emulates a design of the period. The cloth was used in such areas as the entry to protect the floor from mud and manure tracked in from the street. The dining room table and chairs are the originals that the Wilson family used when they stayed there. The dining room’s marble-top sideboard is also original, although the tiered top has been lost. The house also features a study, master bedroom, kitchen, guest room, upstairs sitting room, and Woodrow’s sisters’ room. Woodrow Wilson`s Boyhood Home is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and has been designated an official Save America`s Treasures site. The house is owned and operated by Historic Augusta, Inc.