Managed by Hillerich & Bradsby Company, the Louisville Slugger Museum is located in the heart of downtown Louisville’s historic West Main District. It provides visitors a chance to learn about the official bat of Major League Baseball — the Louisville Slugger. Opened in 1996, the Kentucky museum features numerous exhibitions. The wall in the museum depicts signature plaques for each player who was in contract with the company. Many photos and memorabilia of the baseball bat are also displayed there. Hillerich & Bradsby began to create Louisville Slugger bats in a woodworking shop in 1884. Initially, the bat was known as the Falls City Slugger, and the brand name was changed to Louisville Slugger and registered as a trademark in 1894. In front of the Louisville Slugger Museum, there is a big bat that leans against the side of the building. This 120-foot long bat is constructed of ASTM A36 carbon steel.